Shimano TLD Reels
- The reel helps you to drag the fish and hold it until it tires up for an easy pull. It keeps your catch close and securely hooked.
- Can be effectively used in both fresh and saltwater fishing.
- Durable even in salt water environments.
-A level wind system that does not engage .
- Monofluorocarbon and power pro line use.
- Can be safely used for long in salt water environments.
- An aluminum spool.
- Comes with a graphite side plate graphite frame.
- Anti-rust ball bearings.
- High line capacity of up to 23kgs of nylon monofilament.
- Equipped with four bearings.
- Has a heavy weight drag capacity.
- Main levers are made of stainless steel.
- Two sped shifting.
- Pre-programmable lever drag range.
- A power handle on the right hand.
- Shimano TLD Reels may sometimes prove a little confusing to operate. The models are also numerous. One has to find the best-suited model for their fishing preferences.
- A slightly lower retrieve speed compared to some new reels.
Table of Contents
Shimano Reels Comparison
- Shimano Stradic FL Spinning Reel
- Hagane construction
- X-Ship gearing
- 35” line retrieval
- 20 lb. drag force
- Shimano Stradic CI4+3000 Spinning Reel
- X-Ship gearing
- Reinforced carbon material
- Waterproof drag system
- 6 S-ARB ball bearings
- Shimano Stella STLC3000XGFI Spinning Reel
- 19.8 lbs. maximum drag
- 36.6” line retrieve
- S-Direct drive system
- 13 bearings
- Shimano Syncopate 2500 FG
- Propulsion spool lip
- Graphite frame
- Quickfire II system
- Propulsion Line Management system
- Shimano Sahara 3000 FE
- Graphite frame, side plate, and rotor
- Cold forged aluminum spool
- 4 bearing system
- Slow Oscillation system
Do you sometimes go for a fishing escapade and suddenly need a reel that adapts to your changing style and environment. Shimano TLD Reels are, arguably, the most versatile lever drag fishing machines you will ever find.
These are reels that have been custom designed for light to medium game fishing tackles. Did you know that Shimano TLD Reels are also effective in casting bait! Such features as graphite/titanium bodies, stainless steel gears, stainless steel foot, man shaft, titanium drag, ball bearing and power handles that are easy to grasp fitted with torpedo knobs are found on all TLD reels. Shimano TLD Reels come in a range of designs and capacity ranges.
Check out your reel from Shimano TLD 15, all the way to Shimano TLD 50 with other models in between the model codes and several of them under a single model code.
Ideally designed for offshore fishing, Shimano TLD Reels are fitted with a lever drag engineered for long term usage. It’s light and reliable. The lightness of the reels makes them a top choice for medium range fishing activities. Shimano reels come in single and two-speed gear specs.
You only need to place your thumb on the reel spool, flip its lever backward and fire off. It’s the ideal reel for use outside your boat including your favorite angling rock, or from whatever location you find the big aggressive fish. The reel is rewarding, considering that it has the tenacity to keep those mackerel, tuna, kingfish, albacore and other smaller varieties.
It’s easy to change gears because the dual drive and the pinion gears mesh continuously. The stainless steel bearings roll smoothly and are well known among anglers for their long life.
The stainless steel reel foot steadily anchors the reel. There is a strong aluminum die cast spool that helps to hold up to the forces of compression from the tightly wound line.
The Light Weight:
You do not need to fight and struggle with the weight of the fish you’ve caught with the Shimano TLD Reels. The frames of the reel are made of lightweight material that makes it easy to handle. Besides, the great retrieve ratio makes it easy to pull big fish from long distances.
A graphite frame and Aluminum spool:
It provides a strong structural stability even when used in the corrosive salt water conditions. It is also light to the arm and makes it easy for you to maneuver in your fishing activities. This feature also makes it ideal for your off-boat fishing.
Anti-rust bearings (A-RB):
The stainless steel bearings have been processed uniquely to give you a long-lasting service. These balls last ten times longer than other ball bearings in salt water conditions and if combined with the clicker that raises the free spool tension and triggers off a clicking alarm when there is a bite on the bait by fish, it guarantees the best results.
I can’t think of an overhead reel that gives anglers users such versatile characteristics. The reel is tenacious and helps to rein in the fish that you don’t want to let go. It is perfectly adaptable to handle a broad range of fish varieties. Anglers find Shimano TLD Reels attractive because of their durability and versatility.
They are the all-weather reels that adventurous anglers need in their hands at all times while at sea. Shimano TLD Reels provide a unique combination of quality and comfort in one. You can’t go wrong with over 20 years of market presence.